September is here and with it, that most fabulous time of year known as The Philadelphia Collection is upon us. Encompassing more than 40 free runway presentations, cocktail parties, and trunk shows around the city, the number of events on the 2013 schedule is larger than ever! You can find the entire line-up on the Collection’s website, but I’ve got a few can’t-miss highlights for the faithful.
- Suit Supply’s Complete the Look event offers customers a complimentary dress shirt with the purchase of ANY suit from their signature Red Line collection. I popped in to the shop’s fall/winter line launch party last week and it’s fabulous. 11am – 8pm, 1601 Locust St.
- Skai Blue Media presents Sip & Style at Knit Wit. Enjoy cocktails with the designers of local brands Lobo Mau and New Histories Jewelry. Get one-time fashion advice from celebrity stylist, Ade Samuel. 6-8pm, 1729 Chestnut St., firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shopping Day Out at the Oval will bring a selection of Philly’s top retailers together, along with food trucks, wine gardens, fashion shows, game and more. Featured brands include 611 Lifestyle, CreekView designs, Duke & Winston and Smak Parlour to name just a few. 12pm to 6pm, Eakins Oval, Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- Scarlett Alley’s 20th birthday celebration just happens to coincide with this year’s TPC. One of Philly’s longstanding independent shops will share the love by offering select discounts on merchandise by some of the designers who’ve helped them succeed. Stop in any time before Sept. 24th and enter to win a personal Scarlett Alley shopping party, complete with a $200 gift card. 241 Race St.
- Craiger Drake Designs will host Never Ending Summer, a Flaherty Brand trunk show, cocktail party and styling event. Meet the brothers behind the eco-friendly beachwear line. Guests will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite look in a blogger styling competition, enjoying hor d’oeuvres and Art in the Age cocktails. 6-8pm, 1616 Walnut St.
- Phashion Phest celebrates 20 years of showcasing upscale fashion that’s accessible to the Philadelphia market. Nearly two dozen retailers and salons will participate in this year’s fashion show/cocktail party extravaganza at the Shops at Liberty Place. The deadline to purchase tickets online is today, but you can still get them at the door. Stayed tuned next week for a dedicated post on this year’s festivities! 7pm, 1625 Chestnut St.
Remember, this is only a tiny selection from the TPC 2013 lineup. With so many events to choose from, there’s no excuse not to be fabulous this fall!